What is Kinesio Tex tape?
By now, many people have been able to observe the highly visible athletic uses and the familiar colors and taping patterns used by successful Olympic and professional athletes. But Kinesio® Tex Gold™ is more than an athletic tape. It is a unique therapeutic tool that has provided new options in rehabilitation and sports medicine throughout the world.
This amazing elastic therapeutic tape has been designed and engineered by Dr. Kenzo Kase for more than 30 years in Japan. Since then, Kinesio® Tex Gold™ has become the standard for therapeutic and rehabilitative taping.
Kinesio® Tex Gold™ sets the standard for elastic therapeutic taping.
- It creates a lifting effect on the skin’s surface, which improves circulation and relieves pain.
- It may be applied using different amounts and directions of tension, so the tape has the ability to relax or stimulate muscles.
- It is made of gentle cotton fiber.
- It features a 100% medical-grade acrylic adhesive.
- It is totally latex free.
- It does not limit the wearer’s range of motion.
- The distinctive wave-pattern weave moves with the wearer’s movements.
- It allows for 3 to 5 day wear time to provide 24-hour results to the patient and to provide for an economical treatment.
The Kinesio Taping® method utilizes Kinesio® Tex Gold™ to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while allowing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. It is used to successfully treat a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and medical conditions. Both Kinesio® Tex Gold™ and the training protocol have shown results that would have been unheard of using older methods and materials.
- Kinesio Pre-Cut Back – designed to support over stretched back muscles, lower back pain, lumbago and sciatica.
- Kinesio Pre-Cut Neck – designed for neck pain caused by muscle strain or ligament sprain.
- Kinesio Pre-Cut Shoulder – designed to provide support for shoulder muscles, treat rotator cuff injuries and relieve shoulder pain.
- Kinesio Pre-Cut Knee – designed for runner’s knee, provide knee and patella support, and alleviate associated pain and swelling.
- Kinesio Pre-Cut Wrist – designed to provide support for carpal tunnel syndrome, provide wrist support and alleviate associated pain.
- Kinesio Pre-Cut Foot – designed for plantar fasciitis, support of the arch of the foot and alleviate associated pain.
ProMed Products Xpress – physical therapy supplies and equipment provider